About Laser Hair Removal: How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal can be a total game changer when it comes to your routine and confidence. But you’re probably asking how does laser removal work? We’ve answered your most pressing questions below.
Laser hair removal is a common cosmetic procedure that is designed to stop hair growth. This is accomplished by using advanced laser technology to prevent hair growth from the root. Typically, laser hair removal is a safe and pain-free way to rid your body of pesky hairs.
Laser hair removal uses concentrated light to target the hair, which is then converted to heat to destroy the hair follicle. With LivSmooth, we have access to top quality lasers that work to remove unwanted hair in a painless and safe procedure. LivSmooth uses top-of-the-line laser technology to gradually destroy the hair follicle without causing harm to surrounding skin.
For those who want to say goodbye to waxing, shaving, and other methods of routine hair removal, laser hair removal offers many benefits including:
- Precision hair removal with lasers
- Speedy process
- Less painful than other hair removal methods
- A long term solution—laser hair removal is permanent
- Can prevent ingrown hairs
- Can eradicate hair from any part of the body
- Leaves no scars
- Has no long-term side effects
- Can leave skin feeling softer
We can provide a more in-depth answer to “how does laser hair removal work?” and give a full explanation of all the benefits during your consultation.
With our laser, any skin type can be treated for laser hair removal with ease. When it comes to hair type, those with white, grey, light blonde, very light red, or peach fuzz hair may not be able to receive laser hair removal treatment.
Our specialists can help you determine if you are a candidate to receive our laser hair removal services during your consultation.
What to Expect
With LivSmooth, your care and experience is top priority. When it comes to laser hair removal, the number of sessions varies depending on skin and hair type and the size of the treatment area. It’s important to note that multiple sessions are typically needed.
Before Your Appointment
There are several things we ask that you do before your laser hair removal appointment:
- Wear sunscreen on the treatment areas—we can’t treat over a sunburn but we can treat an established tan!
- Avoid plucking, body hair waxing, depilatory creams, and bleaching the hair as all of these prevent the laser from finding the hair bulb.
- Shave the treatment area at least 24 hours before your laser treatment for hair. The laser finds the hair below the skin’s surface and external hair follicles interfere with the process.
Following these steps can help ensure you have a safe laser hair removal treatment!
When You’re Here
Here’s what you need to know about laser hair removal and what to expect during the process:
- Laser hair removal usually requires a series of treatments for full clearance.
- The nurse will apply ultrasound gel and glide the laser over your skin where you’ll feel a cooling sensation.
- The laser damages the hair follicles, which inhibits hair growth.
- A single laser treatment for hair can range from a few minutes for a small area to up to an hour for a large area
- Don’t worry about the pain! When lasering, pain-free laser hair removal is always a guarantee.
After Your Treatment
Here’s what you should know about post laser hair removal treatment:
- Typically, your skin will look and feel like nothing has been done, but you might notice a little redness and irritation for the first few hours after laser hair removal.
- After laser hair removal and between scheduled treatments, use a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily.
Laser Hair Removal Treatment Areas
LivSmooth’s Laser Hair Removal permanent solution! As long as the hairs are dark in color, we can treat them anywhere on the body including:
Learn more about LivSmooth, the laser hair removal areas we treat, and our laser hair removal specials when we set up your treatment.
Laser Hair Removal Frequently Asked Questions
The laser targets and destroys hair follicles below the skin’s surface. Our laser cools your skin as it works for a painless experience.
Skin damage such as blistering, redness, or irritation is uncommon but possible with modern laser technologies.
With our state-of-the-art laser, the pain previously associated with Laser Hair Removal is a thing of the past.
With our cutting-edge laser, we can treat every skin type with equal safety and efficacy! We can even treat you when you’re tan and it’s just as effective!
Unfortunately there is still no laser that can treat white, grey, light blonde, very light red, or peach fuzz hair.
The actual procedure time depends on the area being treated. A small area (such as underarm hair removal) will take less than five minutes to complete, while a larger area (such as full legs) might take a half hour.
While the best results involve removing dark hair on fair skin, the only way to know is to book a consultation with one of our medically trained staff.
Stop all waxing and plucking routines, as they destroy the base of the hair folice that our laser targets. Do shave the treated area the day of or day before treatment for best results.
Once you are registered in our system, your care coordinator will create a pre- and post- treatment routine based around you. We can schedule your appointments in series, work out payment plans, and coordinate your treatment from start to finish.
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation
LivSmooth is your best choice for painless laser hair removal.